ozfortress is a community that caters to any players who want to play Team Fortress competitively and socially. The community is run by administrators who rely heavily on all members for each action they take. The administration team is made up of current and past community members who have volunteered their own time to run and oversee the community.
Each member of ozfortress is held to account by the below standards and each rule is enforced by the administration team and behavioural panel. As a member of ozfortress, how you behave in-game is just as important as your actions in other mediums (such as Discord, on our website, Steam chat). The administration team values each member’s experience as most important to its continued success. ozfortress is not just about competitive gaming, it is a community that offers a range of social and gaming opportunities to its members.
The following rules are strictly enforced throughout any media through which ozfortress presents content to its community. Breaking any of the following rules will result in repercussions that may apply to all ozfortress-hosted competitions, message boards and Discord channels regardless of prior standing.
Community Wide rules¶
- Serious or repeated abuse of a sexual, racist, or religious nature.
- Serious or repeated abuse of ozfortress staff while carrying out their duties.
- Serious abuse of a personal nature including but not limited to:
- Revealing personal details.
- Inappropriate use of photographs.
- Any attempt to circumvent an enforced ban.
- Any attempt to impersonate a member of ozfortress.
The purpose of Discord is for players of ozfortress to discuss TF2 related things as well as other game-related topics. It is a meeting point for members and as such is moderated to a lesser extent than other areas of the community however not exempt from rules.
If you are banned on any ozfortress medium, you may be subject to restrictions/bans on Discord at the discretion of the ozfortress administration team.
Breaking the following rules may result in punishment:
- Repeated Trolling or Flame Baiting as outlined above.
- Repeated Posting of Spam as outlined above - this includes not using text channels for their intended purpose.
- Posting of Inappropriate content including NSFW material.
- Abuse to administrators will NOT be tolerated and is treated as a serious offence.
Punishments for breaches of rules are dealt with via a system of infraction points. Details of infractions that can be issued are supplied here.
Some punishment levels will carry over to Community and Competitive Bans, depending on the level of infraction points reached. These bans are explained in more detail at the above link, and bans are listed here.